Debbie Merriman, Deb Shaw, Jill Logan, Coach Boyce, Cindy Gamble, Lance Covert, Sandi Spencer, Mark Spencer, Wendy Smith, Lisa Pietropola, Wayne Doty, Darren Kennedy.
- Any unsold tickets should be returned.
- A head count is needed by 3/23 to Mr. Mercuri. (Post Note: a head count of 155 was given to Mr. Mercuri. Per Mr. Mercuri we cannot go over that - everything was ordered on Friday. Unfortunately this means that unless prior arrangements were made with Debbie Merriman, Deb Shaw, or Jill Logan we may not be able to accept any more ticket sales as they will be cut off at 155.
- Volunteers: see last meeting minutes; We still need help with set up (to begin at 4:00 p.m.); ticket sales; bake sale - please let us know if you are interested.
- Raffle tickets for 50/50 will need to be purchased (Debbie M. to purchase).
Year End Banquet
To be held at the Annex; Narrowed down to Dec 2nd or Dec 9th at 4:00 p.m.
Spirit Letter is finalized. Debbie M. will print off final letters for the players to take to area businesses in June.
Hole In One Insurance for Golf Tournament
We will be using US Hole In One insurance. The cost will be $444.00. Larry's may cover the cost of the insurance - Jeff Merriman to follow up. If not, the cost will be covered by Gridders. There will be a total of four Hole in One prizes - Grand Prize is a Harley Davidson or $15K; others include Set of Callaway Diablo Irons; Sharp LCD flat-screen; Roundtrip domestic Airfare for two.
Darren Kennedy brought two sample jerseys (the quality is better than we have now). Solid color is $30.00, with white stripe is $40.00. Darren will work with Coach Steve Boyce on deciding on what jerseys to order. Darren will also spearhead the possibility of selling replica jerseys (that are not fitted) to parents, players, and other students.
Football schedule (tentative)
- Wyalusing (home)
- Troy (away)
- Cowanesque Valley (home)
- Canton (away - Saturday)
- Columbia Montour Vo-Tech (away)
- Athens (home)
- Montgomery (homecoming)
- Sayre (away)
- Towanda (away)
- North Penn (home)
There have been 17 winners with a payout of $445.00.
Current Checkbook Balance
Sports Booster Club
Deb Shaw mentioned that the Booster Club wanted to hold t-shirt sales for all sports and asked that Gridders be sensitive to that. Coach Boyce will speak with a Sports Booster member to see if an agreement can be reached.
There are currently no written bylaws. Lisa Pietropola will obtain a copy of the Booster Club's bylaws so we have an idea for a starting point. Debbie will also search for a template to bring to the next meeting.
The Gridders Club does not have their own EIN. Per information on IRS.gov, the Gridders Club should obtain an EIN. Post Visit Note: Debbie Merriman will apply for an EIN number for the Gridders Club. Also, after further research it was determined that if we are going to receive large donations we will want to apply for the 501c-3 as a non-profit organization. This will require completion of form 1023 and the fee is $850.00. This is also the same form that is completed for tax-exemption. We can discuss this at the next meeting.
A printout of the current page for WellsboroFootball.com advertising was provided. No changes were requested at the meeting.
Ed Weaver is creating a YouTube channel that we can use to store any game highlight videos and possibly store our season highlight videos. Ed will touch base with Wade Spencer on how the best method would be to working with the season highlight videos due to their file size.
- June 2nd: Car Wash at Advance Auto from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- August 12th: Kickoff Picnic and start of Football camp.
- September 23rd: Golf Tournament
- September 24th: Fireball run car wash
- October 7th: suggested to sell hotdogs and water at the visitor center. Per Sandy, the cost of the insurance would be covered.
April 18, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Wellsboro Community Center.