Debbie Merriman, Jill Logan, Coach Boyce, Cindy Gamble, Heather Covert, Lance Covert, Wendy Smith, and Coach Mascho.
Follow up from last meeting
Cost of pig roast is $400.00. In addition we will need to get big tin/aluminum pans, BBQ sauce, and rolls.
Pampered Chef Fundraiser
Postponed until the start of football season.
Cost for two-toned jersey is $40 includes numbers on front / back and logo (these are good quality). Total cost is estimated at $4,000.00 as we would need both home and away jerseys.
Coach Steve Boyce will work with Darren Kennedy to finalize. Because the school district purchased the current jerseys these cannot be sold to help with the cost of the new ones. If we purchase new jerseys the current ones will be passed down to the middle school.
There was not enough interest to get a bus. We will carpool. Date is May 30 th at 6:00 p.m. Registration is between 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. Registration fee is $10.00.
The bylaws were finalized and will be voted on at the next meeting.
- Thank you card sent to Taylor Russell for designing the new brochure.
- Debbie Merriman has the brochures, if you would like some for yourself or an area business please contact Debbie and she can arrange a time / place to get the brochures to you.
All outstanding checks have been cashed. Balance is $6,517.76.
Wendy Smith presented the idea of selling window clings as an extra fundraiser. We could sell these at the car wash, Laurel Festival parking, and throughout the football season. Club members voted and agreed to move forward with this idea. We will follow up with Jim Cooper on the details and cost.
Shirts for credit completion
This will be paid by the Gridders Club.
Cold weather gear
Coach Boyce to solicit Wellsboro Booster Club to see if they will cover all or some of the cost of cold weather gear since this is considered team equipment.
Application is due May 18th. We will vote on the recipient at the next Gridders meeting May 23rd.
Coach Boyce will set up a mandatory parent meeting for any new football player coming into the program. Debbie will attend to speak about Gridders Club.
Coaching staff apparel
Coach Boyce proposed that in place of shirts they order sweatshirts for Middle School and High School coaching staff. The cost is $28.00. This was voted on and passed by club members. In addition, Middle School coaches will receive 4 polo shirts that we had in stock. Debbie to drop these off to coach Shane Mascho.
Will start planning the needs in July. Lisa Pietropola did a great job on the camp menu last year and club members expressed interest in re-approaching her again this year.
It was announced that Ed Weaver is working with Wade Spencer to condense the football highlight videos to a get them down to a web viewable size. Ed has all past videos from 2000-2011. If anyone has any videos prior to that time and would be interested in sharing them, please let us know.
It was also announced that Ed would like to advertise the website more. Debbie has added the website to the golf flyer. In the future, we can include the website on any advertisements, flyers, etc.
- June 2nd: Car Wash at Advance Auto from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Per Coach Boyce players will receive 1 credit for every 2 hours that the player volunteers for this fundraiser.
- June: Players to distribute spirit program letters. Debbie to provide Coach Boyce with signup sheet. Per Coach Boyce, this can count as 1 credit provided the player makes contact with each business owner that they signed up for, they should plan to visit about 5 area business.
- June 16th: Laurel Festival Parking. Jill Logan to organize assignments and sign-up.
May 23, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Wellsboro Community Center.