Debbie Merriman, Jill Logan, Coach Boyce, Cindy Gamble, Heather Covert, Lance Covert, Wendy Smith, Mark Spencer, Deb Shaw, Lisa Pietropola.
Follow up from last meeting
Jerseys should be ready in about 10 days. Wendy and Debbie have approached Small Fry with ordering jerseys. The Small Fry order will be due September 7. If any Middle School or High School parents are still interested their order can be placed with the Small Fry order.
- Debbie M presented that Sarah Wagaman would be willing to take headshots and do posters of each child. Posters would be 8x10 and the cost would be $5.00 per poster. This did not pass the board's vote. It has been decided that the club would make the posters. Cindy, Mark, and Sandy will make the posters. Debbie M to get the pictures printed in 5x7 size.
- Will need to distribute player poster. Deb Shaw offered to help distribute the posters.
- Still not too late if businesses are interested. It has been confirmed with WNBT they can easily insert a new business if needed. Deb Shaw will follow up with some area businesses.
- Decide order of game sponsors: Darrow's will be the main sponsor of the first game, The Sign Shop will be the sponsor for the second game.
- Signage for the home game sponsors will be purchased from The Sign Shop. Debbie is working with Jim.
Solicitation of funds from gas company
No feedback from letter.
- Profit from Spirit Program: $4,026.89
- Calendar sales $300.00
- Total cost for camp $1,200.00 and 2 scrimmages $200.00
- Balance: $7,346.89
Penn Wells Lodge
The move has been complete.
Planning for Golf Tournament
- Hole sponsorship
- Currently 4 hole sponsors.
- Cindy has the signage for the games and will make a list of which ones we have. Coach Nate Babcock indicated that The Sign Shop made the past signs - any new businesses we can order signs from Jim.
- Deb Shaw has agreed to reach out to the area businesses to see if they would be willing to donate cash, gift certificates, or other forms of prizes.
- Hole in One
- There will be 4 Hole in One prizes at each of the par 3 holes.
- Harley will be placed on hole 13.
- Contest rules to be posted.
- Hole Prizes
- Longest drive: hole 14 for men
- Longest drive: hole 16 for women
- Longest putt: hole 18
- Tournament Extras
- Tournament Extras: Coach Babcock and Matt Hildebrand suggested: Skins $10.00, Mulligan $5.00 up to 4 per team (cannot use on hole in one prize hole), Tee it Forward $10.00.
- Once we have an idea of how many teams there are and what donations come in we will decide what places we will have. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and last.
- Coach Babcock will provide ideas for the booby-prize.
- 50/50: can be done at hole 13.
- Food: Deb Shaw will be planning the menu.
- Pulled Pork: Heather and Lance will put that together and bring to the club.
- Pasta salad: Amber is donating the pasta salad.
- Cole Slaw
- Baked Beans: Cindy offered to make some.
- Mac & Cheese: Heather volunteered to make.
- Desserts: Debbie M will make some.
- We will be reaching out to parents to volunteer to make other food items and baked goods.
- Volunteers: We will need volunteers to witness hole in one for the Harley, help with food, assist with putting gift bags together. Coach Steve Boyce, Amber, Heather, Lance, Debbie have volunteered to help.
- Players will be asked to be at the start of the tournament. They can help pass out gift/goodie bags. They should plan to wear their jersey.
- Bags will contain bottle of water, snacks (baked goods), and possibly towels. Coach Hildebrand indicated he has some golf towels, he will check on how many he has.
- We will need to purchase paper goods.
HUDL on-line scouting tool
Coach Boyce presented that HUDL will allow the team to:
- Upload game films.
- Email footage to player.
- Coaches can see how much the players are reviewing the footage.
- Can place together the highlight video to be used on Channel 13.
- Useful as a scouting tool.
- One Year Subscription is approx. $800.00-$1,000.00.
- The board voted and passed to do the one year subscription.
Coach Boyce announced that a football alumnus is covering the cost of the Coach Bus to take on distant away trip for Varsity games.
Vote of subs for away game
It was voted and passed to order subs from Terry's for the players to take for Friday’s game.
Vote for providing payment to Mr. Mercuri
It was voted and passed to give $50.00 to Mr. Mercuri for the use of his kitchen during football camp.
Gas money for Dr. Bair
It was voted and passed to give Dr. Bair $200.00 for gas money to travel to games for pictures.
Coach will have another coach record the game with his HD camcorder.
Wellsboro Athletics website
Asked by booster to assist with cost. It was voted and passed to provide the Athletic department with $500.00 to assist with the website cost. The Booster Club will be made aware.
Coach indicated he was 3 game balls short; it was voted and passed that he order the balls.
Game Highlights for Channel 13
Coach Boyce and Lance will work together for the highlights.
Mark announced the players will not be washing cars for the Fireball Run on September 24.
- September 23rd: Golf Tournament
- September 24th: Fireball run car wash
- October 7th: Suggested to sell hotdogs and water at the visitor center. Cindy Gamble will inquire about this.
September 18, 2012 at 6:30 pm.