In Attendance

Debbie Merriman, Heather Covert, Cindy Gamble, Debbi Cooper, Wendy Smith, Jill Logan, Wayne Doty, Coach Mascho, Coach Hildebrand, Eli Kennedy

Follow up from Last Meeting

Funding needs for upcoming season

Coach Matt Hildebrand gave us a list of items that may be needed for the season during our last meeting. He is still looking into pricing. Items needed include Video equipment (the estimated cost is $350.00. Members voted and passed to purchase the equipment), membership to HUDL, camp, shirts for credit completion, team socks, coaches shirts, coaches clinic, 7-on-7 tournaments (it was voted and passed that Gridders would cover the entry fee), cold gear (Wayne Doty noted there were some for sale for $19.00), girdles (will look into the possibility of the district covering the cost however they will need to purchase additional helmets), possible uniforms.

Coach was given word that Katies’s Concrete would like to make a donation. He will check to see if they would be interested in purchasing a new digital video camera and tripod or another item that the team needs.

Fundraising Ideas

Some already have dates set and some ideas being looked into.

  • Sub Sale: We will be selling subs on certain Fridays. Subs from Terry's Hoagies. We will make this a monthly sale as the first one seemed to be a big success.
  • Car Wash: Debbie Merriman will be talking to Advance and getting date set. Post meeting note, date is scheduled for July 13, 2013.
  • Football Apparel sale: We will be selling jerseys, t-shirts, yard signs, decals etc. Coach Hildebrand is still working with SVC in Montoursville to get a package together for this.
  • Banner Program: This is our biggest money maker, so we need to really focus on making this a success.
  • Golf Tournament: Date set for Saturday, September 14, 2013.
  • Laurel Festival Parking: Jill Logan checking into getting approval from C & N to use parking lots June 15th. Emails have been sent, but no response as of yet.
  • Chicken Barbeque: Lance will check to see if we can do it at the Firemans Annex. Also will see about reserving for next years banquet. Lance was not at the meeting, so we will follow up next month.
  • 5K Walk/Run: This was voted out. It was going to be a lot of work and not possible to fit into our schedule as we wanted. Maybe try again next season.
  • Chicken and Biscuit Dinner: Eli Kennedy was at the meeting to give us details. He and Joey Anderson will be doing this as a graduation project. They will do all the cooking. The team and gridders club will take care of selling tickets and serving. It will be held at the High School Commons on March 28, 2013 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. There will be 200 tickets available for $9.00 each. It was voted not to do a bake sale at the dinner. We will sell tickets for 50/50.

New Business

Checkbook Balance

$3,749.78 excludes calendar funds since payout will not be complete until end of March.

Calendar Payout

$160.00

Parents Meeting

Coach Hildebrand will hold a parents meeting sometime soon. He has a staff, but needs to meet with them all first.

Next Meeting

March 27, 2013 at 6:30 p.m at the Wellsboro Community Center.