Debbie Merriman, Coach Hildebrand, Wendy Smith, Jill Logan, Heather Covert, Lance Covert, Cindy Gamble, Stephenie Brostrom
Follow up from Last Meeting
Listing of funding wants/needs
- Players Jerseys: Order is pending.
- Apparel Orders: Postponed due to backorder of youth wicking sweatshirts; will shoot for Small Fry Parent Meeting.
- Coaches shirts and player reward shirts: Coaches shirts have been order at a cost of $411.00. It was voted and passed to get the reward shirts (printing on front and back and will be wicking material).
- Car Wash: July 13, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Post note, Debbie to let Pam know two weeks prior and an ad can be placed.
- Help move Borough office: Approval from borough was granted. We are waiting on the move date.
- Dance: In place of a dance, it was suggested to do a Kids Night Out. It was voted and passed this would be a better idea. Heather will look into setting something up, maybe December.
- Raffle tickets: We will seek to find an organization that currently has a small game license to sponsor a raffle for us. Follow up: Moose cannot do this, however the Vets club could but will need documentation. Debbie will draft a letter. We would like to do a cash drawing offering a payout of $250.00, $100.00, and $50.00. Tickets would sell for $5.00 and be drawn at the Homecoming game.
- Calendar Sales: It was voted and passed to continue with the calendar sales for next year and have them ready to disperse at the parent meeting. Debbie to reach out to Coach Steve Boyce to get the details.
- Sell Hotdogs at the Canyon: Per Cindy Gamble we can apply through the DCNR to host this at the Leonard Harrison State Park. The fee is $25.00. We will need a volunteer with a safe server certificate. Will have to use plastic gloves, cannot be latex. Sell Hotdogs, water, and baked goods. Will need a tent, grill, tables, and table cloth. Debbie can supply the tent. We will aim for Sunday, October 13, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Banner program: We will modify some of the pricing. Players will be asked to help distribute the letters with supervision soon after school is out. Coaches and Debbie will take players around and have banners to give to any businesses that donate the same day.
- Golf Tournament: Date set for Saturday, September 14.
- We can serve our own food.
- Coach Matt Hildebrand started a flyer, he will send to Debbie to print.
- Tri-fold brochures can be printed at Tioga Publishing: UPDATE: brochures were donated by Tioga Publishing.
- Laurel Festival Parking: Will need volunteers (players/parents) to sign up.Jill may not be available. Will need 9 players for 1.5 to 2 hour increments.
Small Fry Camp
Will be a 2 day camp from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Aug 7 and 8, 2013. Players will be expected to help. We may need help with registration.
Heat Acclimation Period
August 7, 8, and 9 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Vote for Scholarship Winner
Candidate has been selected and will be announced June 4, 2013.
Kick Off Picnic
Gridders would like to provide pulled pork; Lance to check on pricing and availability. We will ask parents to bring a dish to pass and will have signup sheets at the player/parent meeting.
- Report to camp August 11, 2013.
- Will have sign-up sheets for food and volunteer help at the parent meeting (Stepenie Brostrom offered to help out during camp time).
- Will keep the same menu but do go-gurts instead of smoothies. Will need to replace pretzels with trail mix, and replace Grilled Cheese & tomato soup (maybe with pork sandwiches). Debbie to talk with Lisa about purchasing some of the same items we did last year. We will get the subs from Terry's again.
- One of the coaches can take a few players around to solicit prizes/sponsorship for the golf tournament.
- Do radio announcements during camp.
- Lance and Heather to purchase 5 gallon cooler with wheels.
- Extra Activities: Ice cream, swimming, and maybe bowling. Will need to call.
- Need to wash winter jackets.
Cold Weather Gear
Will hold off on purchasing cold weather gear, since most players have their own.
June 26, 2013 at 6:30 p.m at the Wellsboro Community Center