Debbie Merriman, Debbi Cooper, Wendy Smith, Jill Logan, Heather Covert, Lance Covert, Cindy Gamble, Stephenie Brostrom, Wayne Doty
Follow up from Last Meeting
Listing of funding wants/needs
- Players Jerseys: Replacement jerseys have been ordered.
- Apparel Orders: Will do at Small Fry Parent Meeting in August.
- Coaches shirts and player reward shirts: Coaches shirts have been ordered at a cost of $411.00. It was voted and passed to get the reward shirts (printing on front and back and will be wicking material).
- Car Wash: July 13, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Post note, players should have gotten a schedule as to when they are to work.
- Raffle Tickets: We will seek to find an organization that currently has a small game license to sponsor a raffle for us. Follow up: Moose cannot do this, however the Vets club could but will need documentation. Debbie will draft a letter. We would like to do a cash drawing offering a payout of $250.00, $100.00, and $50.00. Tickets would sell for $5.00 and be drawn at the Homecoming game.
- Calendar Sales: It was voted and passed to continue with the calendar sales for next year and have them ready to disperse at the parent meeting. Debbie has gotten all the details from coach Steve Boyce.
- Sell Hotdogs at the Canyon: Per Cindy Gamble we can apply through the DCNR to host this at the Leonard Harrison State Park. The fee is $25.00. We will need a volunteer with a safe server certificate. Will have to use plastic gloves, cannot be latex. Sell hotdogs, water, and baked goods. Will need a tent, grill, tables, and table cloth. Debbie can supply the tent. We will aim for Sunday, October 13, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Banner Program: We will modify some of the pricing. Players will be asked to help distribute the letters with supervision soon after school is out. Coaches and Debbie will take players around and have banners to give to any businesses that donate the same day. This is underway now.
- Golf Tournament: Date set for Saturday, September 14.
- We can serve our own food.
- Debbie has flyers if you need any. They have been given to the chamber, golf course, visitor center and some area hotels. It is also on the website, and were donated by Tioga Publishing.
Small Fry Camp
Will be a 2 day camp from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on August 7 and 8, 2013. Players will be expected to help. We may need help with registration.
Heat Acclimation Period
August 7, 8, and 9 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Kick Off Picnic
Gridders would like to provide pulled pork. Lance to check on pricing and availability. We will ask parents to bring a dish to pass and will have signup sheets at the player/parent meeting.
- Report to camp August 11, 2013.
- Will have sign-up sheets for food and volunteer help at the parent meeting (Stepenie Brostrom offered to help out during camp time).
- Heather and Cindy are working on adjusting the menu and getting supplies we need.
- One of the coaches can take a few players around to solicit prizes/sponsorship for the golf tournament.
- Do radio announcements during camp.
- Lance and Heather purchased 5 gallon cooler with wheels.
- Extra Activities: Ice cream, swimming, and maybe bowling. Will need to call.
$6,859.94. Laurel Festival parking brought in $497.00 and the Banner Program has brought in $1,870.00 so far.
We will sell parents jersey's again this year.
WNBT offered to do shout out ads for free. We can offer these for $5.00.
Folders for Parents Meeting
These will be made up to put together at the next meeting.
Thursday Night Team Dinners
We are waiting to hear back from Vineyard Church of Wellsboro as to if they would like to do them.
July 24, 2013 at 6:30 p.m at the Wellsboro Community Center